Terms and conditions
- Your dog must be registered with an appropriate overseas kennel club i.e. clubs that have full membership, associate membership or contract partnership of the FCI (Federation Cynologique Internationale)
- The breed must be recognised by The Kennel Club Breed Register
- The application must be accompanied by a valid Export Pedigree from the overseas kennel club, confirming the new owner's name and UK address
- The owner and the dog must be resident at an address in the United Kingdom
- Applications for breeds which are subject to DNA control schemes must meet the requirements of the scheme to be eligible for an import registration
- Once the application has been approved, documents will be despatched usually within 28 working days of receipt of the application
- Please ensure all information is accurately completed, queries with your application may cause delay
Frequently asked questions
My dog has an export pedigree, but the overseas kennel club is not associated with the FCI. Can I still register?
My dog has come from abroad, but was not registered with an overseas kennel club. Can I still apply for an import?
The import application can only be completed if supported by a valid Export Pedigree from an overseas kennel club. As an alternative,狗可以在活动注册登记.
My dog is currently registered with the Irish Kennel Club/Guernsey Kennel Club/Kennel Club of Jersey. Do I need an export pedigree?
Do I need to provide the original pedigree/certificate from the overseas kennel club?
We do not require original documents, but request that only clear copies are provided. If the copies provided are not legible, this may delay your application.
ATC applications are for exhibitors who reside abroad, who wish to show their dogs in the UK. If you reside in the UK, you must completeform 4 - registration of an imported dog.
Can I change the name of my imported dog?
Providing the ownership of your kennel name matches the ownership as stated on your Export Pedigree, your kennel name can be added free of charge at the time of registration to the end of your dog's name and you may use a link word.
My dog is not registered yet. Can I still enter shows?
If, at the closing date for entries, you have applied for an import application, but have not yet received your paperwork, the dog can be entered and the name should be followed by the letters NAF (name applied for).
My dog is a Champion. Can the title be recorded?
We would normally only record three generations when importing, however, we would record up to five generations of a pedigree, providing the overseas kennel club pedigree contains this information.
Can I order an enhanced Five Generation Pedigree or photo pedigree for my imported dog?
The pedigree supplied following the registration of your imported dog is either a Three or Five Generation Pedigree. However, once your dog is registered,您可以订购额外的谱系证书.
My dog already has an authority to compete (ATC) number. Do I still need to apply for an import?
狗以前与ATC号，目前已成为英国居民记录，必须使用注册form 4 - registration of an imported dog.